OFF: Re: me, myself and I

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Sep 19 00:24:07 EDT 1996

>This is incorrect. Steve Swann started BOC-L in 1990 as an excercise in
>high tech narcissism/monist mysticism. BOC-L is a means by which Steve
>talks to himself about those things he likes to talk about. We are all
>Steve, but are suffering under the delusion that we are not Steve. All
>distinction, including my sense of myself as a molecular biology postdoc
>working in a molecular immunology lab who really should be working on a
>grant application right now, is illusion. I am Steve, as are we all. Once
>we fully embrace our Steve nature, the distinctions will disappear, BOC-L
>will disappear, and Steve will be left sitting in front of his computer
>wondering why he was talking to himself for the past six years.

The illusion that we are all not steve is known as "Swansara".

OB:  Lord of Light - Mahaswanatman.  "Great Souled Swan".
Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm