Both: Cats and Pigeons

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Sat Oct 19 09:36:16 EDT 1996

On Sat, 19 Oct 1996, Andy C wrote:

> Heres a quote from the Grolier Interactive encylopedia, in an entire
> essay on Music and Science fiction this is the only mention
> of both bands.  The authors have obviously no idea !
>
> Andy C
> Hawkwind, with whom Michael MOORCOCK was associated, built songs around
 stories by Roger ZELAZNY, Ray BRADBURY and others, introducing many sf
 archetypes,while Moorcock's own group, Deep Fix, recorded the uneven
 New World's Fair (1975). A better use of aggressively high-energy music
 with sf connotations can be found in the US group Blue Oyster Cult.

  Well. obviously no bias at all shown here.  :) I can't make up my mind
whether he is right or not.  After all, BOC are not *entirely* sf
oriented, but do indeed do it well.  I suppose the only thing to say is -
idiots should leave opinion out of a potentially good subject.
  I wonder what the lyrical content of the new BOC stuff will be oriented to?
As long as it is not "oooh yeah baby the juice is running down my leg"
(remember that quote fans?) lyrics a'la KISS, it should be fine.

   Troy

 ObCD- "Introduction to early music" - a  Naxos Thingy.