HW: Damnation Alley - film

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Sat Nov 30 21:11:04 EST 1996

Andy C wrote:

> Well I'm sure a number of have seen the atrocity that is the
> film Damnation Alley, does any one know if it's available on
> VHS or Laserdisk ?
>
> Which sets me off, I would dearly love to see the
> film remade following the book more closely.  I would go
> for Direction by John Carpenter, Staring Kurt Russell,
> and James Spader.  Music by you know who.
>
> Hope this fantasy trip doesn't wind anyone up !
>
> Andy C

the film is available in the us on vhs,i rented it and dubbed a copy,
mostly because i liked it when i was a kid.it is a slap in the face to
roger, imo.  bad special effects,blah acting,zero character development.
im with ya tho',it is high time for a remake,and kurt russel would be
fine,if he leaves snake pliskin out of it.(the escape from ny character
is intended as a parody of action movie heroes.)
i have always,as long as i can remember,been near-obsessed with
post-apocalyptic themes. yeah,i guess that makes me weird.it also makes
me watch a hell of a lot of BAD movies,which i usually love.   rj