OFF: Branson and V2

dench M.G.Dench at BTON.AC.UK
Fri Nov 29 04:02:02 EST 1996

I read a press release about Richard Branson's new label a couple of
months ago, and I wouldn't hold out much hope for any interesting
bands/artists being signed.  His comment was, as befits such a 'bastion'
of modern society, that they would aim at 'intellectual rock and modern
classical music'.  Intellectual here meaning not intelligent, but
pretentious and dull!

Martin