OFF: Melting Euphoria

Ken Alexander kalex at EECS.UMICH.EDU
Tue Nov 12 15:37:11 EST 1996

I've been slimed!

As far as I am aware, Melting Euphoria has three albums:

1994  Through the Strands of Time          Stratospheric STR701
1995  Upon the Solar Winds                 Cleopatra CLEO9609-2
1996  Beyond the Maybe Machine             Cleopatra CLP9778-2

I got _Through the Strands of Time_ because it was used and cheap,
and it is great!  Delicious psychedelic space rock...

Then I got _Upon the Solar Winds_, and was extremely disappointed
to discover that the songs are a bunch of inferior re-recordings of
the songs on _Through the Strands of Time_!  I think the difference is
due to the replacement of the keyboard player.  I might be prejudiced
by hearing the other first, but these versions just lack so much of the
synthy spark of the originals.  (These also lack the vocals, because the
original keyboard player was also a vocalist, but that's not a problem.)