(Off)Comedy Bands

Steve zaius at TELEPORT.COM
Sat May 11 16:17:30 EDT 1996

>        Actually, I enjoyed _Bad News_ almost more than Spinal Tap.

I liked Bad News a lot better- the language is 100% more realistic.

>Tap is about a mega-band falling apart and Bad News is about a nowhere
>band going ... nowhere :)  It's probably a _hell_ of a lot funnier if
>you've ever been in a small-time band, since you can relate to nearly
>everything that takes place in it ;)

All the more so if you've ever worked in a studio and had to record hacks
like them-they're out there in spades.  The hair-obsessed metal prissy-boys
dropping in 2 or three notes into the middle of a minute long guitar
solo-as if anyone would notice...the white-trash mentality...the teenage
girlfriends (well noone's all bad!)

SP

"Against that positivism which stops before phenomena, saying 'there are
only facts,' I should say: no it is precisely facts that do not exist, only
interpretations..."
-G. Gordon Gordon