"True BOC fans" are on BOC-L

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue May 7 17:50:04 EDT 1996

> > Just that the BOC-L folks are more willing to express
> > controversial opinions.
>
> The profile I see on BOC-L is more weighted to pro-AL/Deb fans.
> It doesn't appear to me to give balanced treatment on very many
> many issues.   They (AOL) should come over broaden the discussion.

        I would agree, though it's hardly surprising since we get a
lot of info from Al and Deb.  We're actually a potentially more
universal group, since AOLers can (and do, obviously) get here while
many of us can't get there.

        Also, tBS have been dishing us out some pretty decent new
which give a natural bias in favor.  If BOC were actually _doing_
something worth speaking of, there'd probably more positive things
to say.
        But we can only discuss the meaning of Reaper so many times ;)
        Before Al and Deb dropped on there was a "Why is there no
BOC discussion?" frenzy about every other minute.  If they've brought
a bias, at least they've brought a _topic_.  They certainly livened
up the BOC related discussion immensely.  They've even tolerated all
that annoying HW discussion ;)

Cheers,
Carl