Marshall will buoy

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed May 1 10:15:48 EDT 1996

Al on amps:

> theo posts:
>
> >are real beauts, just overpriced.  I'd say you'd be ahead with a
> >Blues DeVille.  Much more versatility and plenty ballsy.  I've played
> >through its little brother, the Blues DeLuxe, and thats an amazing
> >amp too, just smaller.
>
> I tried out a bunch of the new Fender reissues and they all sound pretty
> sweet. I ended up getting a Fender Pro Junior and I love it. It's very
> inexpensive (under 2 beans) and makes a slamming low volume amp. We're
> using it a lot on the new Surgeons disk. (We also used Boogie Mark IV,
> Carvan Stagemaster, Blackface 60's Fender Tremolux, Marshall 50 combo, 60's
> Fender Princeton and Fender Twin Reverb) ...... most of the guitars on the
> first 3 BOC albums were done with Don's 60's Fender Twin Reverb.
> Al

Al,
Is the Pro Junior a tube or tranny?  Doesn't seem like you could get
a tube amp [of any size] at that price.  How did Don get such
distortion out of a Twin?  Just crank the shit out of it, or did he
use stomp boxes ahead?  Have you tried slaving from the Boogie?  It
sounds amazing when you run a slave line into a clean amp, like an
old Fender.  All the tone controls interact that way.  Change the
treble on the slaved-into amp, and the tone on the slaving amp
changes!  Way cool.

And what's this about a new Surgeons' disc?  How far along are you?
Demo stage or beyond?  Themes? Sample lyrics?  Song titles?
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?