HW: TP boot

Bernhard Pospiech b.pospiech at POP.RUHR.DE
Tue Mar 26 17:52:53 EST 1996

Hi there (Doug)

>Bernhard,
>
>I compared the Boulder Colorado tape from 4-23-95 to TP and the crowd noise
>matches exactly in the following three songs:
>  Do That
>  Urban Guerilla
>  Welcome to the Future

You are right. These tracks are from the BOULDER gig

Brainstorm is from a US 1991 gig. One of the very rare gigs when Dave
himself did sing this song

>I'd guess Down through the Night is from the '89 US tour but can't put an
>exact date to it (with the tapes I have).
You are again right. But its difficult to find the right date

>I'm currently trying to figure out three tapes I just traded for that are
>mislabeled. All the dates and venues are mismatched. Do you have any tapes
>with Hurry on Sundown from the early 70's? One was labeled as BBC 1970.
>Its an incomplete show with Master of the Universe, Your Only Dreaming,
>Shouldn't Do That and Hurry on Sundown. Its obvious this gig is from the
>1970-1973 era. The sound quality is very good!

These are all tapes most parts of TEXT OF FESITVAL were making from
(John Peels Sessions)

Here are the dates (AFAIK)

18.08.70, LONDON, MAIDA VALE
hurry on sundown / seeing it as you really are

19.04.71, LONDON, PLAYHOUSE THEATRE
paranoia / seeing it as you really are / we do it

19.05.71, LONDON, MAIDA VALE
master of the universe / only dreaming / you shouldn't do that

>Another question is when was the first time Spirit of the Age was played
>live at a HW show?

The very first time it was played on 14.10.1971 in POTTERS BAR
The song was called at this time: SHAPES OF THINGS TO COME

The version you know was for the first time played live in LONDON on 27.02.1977

Bernhard