HW videos???

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Thu Jun 27 19:36:29 EDT 1996

"World Of Tiers" and "Levitation" are the first two songs on my "79-89"
video that I bought through the merchandise PO box. I think it was only
meant to be "World Of Tiers", but there was a note included from Dave Brock
saying that as I'd waited so long for it, "Levitation" had been put on as a
bonus track. I seem to recall something about GermanTV for these two.
  As for "promo" videos...there is of course "The Promo Collection" video!
The title says it all really, although I'm not quite sure where these videos
were meant to be used. Most of the songs are too long for the typical MTV
attention span. "Images", "Treadmill" and "Out Of The Shadows" are just
three of the great songs on this tape. Although the videos occasionally look
"cheap", overall I think they're excellent.
  As for older "promos", "Night Of The Hawks" did the rounds on early video
jukeboxes, although this was really just film from the full length video of
the same name. However, "Night Of The Hawks" wasn't actually *on* "Night Of
The Hawks"!! Still here? Okay...it was the studio version too despite the
live pics.
  What else...well they did the same thing with "Needle Gun" video, although
this was included on the COTBS vid. You can tell when watching that video
that when "Needle Gun" comes on that it kinda sticks out from the rest.
Don't think think this one got much exposure either.
  Well, I think that's about it. You could always include the "Silver
Machine" promo film. I got a copy off GermanTV and it's great, although it
seems this was the BBC filming the band to use as a promo rather than the
Hawks actually making it themselves.
  Anyone know of any more? Or what about the full gig from 72/73 that
GermanTV were meant to have filmed? Or the Hawklords gig that ItalianTV
supposedly did? Anyone know *anything* about these holy grails of hawk-vids?

cheers,
       Dave