[off] PTree NY live online (fwd)

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU
Sun Jun 23 12:13:23 EDT 1996

I thought many of you might be interested to hear the following:

Allan.
------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 21:09:34 +0100
From: delerium at mail.bogo.co.uk (Ivor Trueman)
Subject: Live Cybercast of New York gig

SonicNet will be cybercasting Porcupine Tree's gig in New York on 27th June
LIVE - time is about 9pm EST (or around 2am the morning of the 28th for us
UK insomniacs).

Check out the details at:
http://www.sonicnet.com/sonicore/

To hear the braodcast you'll have to (obviously) have a soundcard - and run
something like Netscape, with Real Audio 2 loaded.

To check-out the process before hand go to sonicnet - (make a cup of tea
while waiting for the site to download), click on the soundlink bit in the
yellow bar & follow the links to download the Real Audio player & hear
what's on offer at the site.

Quality through my naff soundcard & crappy speakers is like poor AM
reception - but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a flight out there!

With a bit of luck - the broadcast will be remaining on the sonicnet site,
so even if it's beyond bedtime, you'll still be able to tune in for some time...

Cheers
Ivor

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     RPG Writer/Reviewer.  Outer God.
iscladoc at falcon.cc.ukans.edu            Nomad of the Time Streams.  Poet.

Visit the Dreaming City: http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~iscladoc/imrryr.html

        "Farewell, friend.  I was a thousand times more evil than thou."
                        - Michael Moorcock, _Stormbringer_