Jesus Saves Õbut who collects the interest? þ

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Fri Jun 14 23:00:08 EDT 1996

>>I can't
>>imagine why this stuff bothers Christians so much anyway.  If their
>>faith is so weak that it can be shaken by some irreverence, then
>>maybe they're barking up the wrong tree anyway.

Alex Garcia replied:
>You don't get it. It's not a matter of faith being weak, but of respect. You
>should respect other people's religious beliefs and songs which "bash" on
>Christianity are not *respectful* and that's what bothers Christians.

But what bothers /me/, is that I can't do some bashing on some beliefs that
resent mine. I laugh at the idea of one god. But when I said that in the
nearness of some christians, they were ready to lynch me. Well, it spiced up
the discussion a bit further, although it was a party of flames against me
and no sign of any discussion showed up for the remainder of the evening.
Respect?
Some of my friends say they believe the way christian seem to believe,
because their parent told them so. What's so respectful about that? Denying
your childrens' ability to think and feel for themselves? Why should belief
be taught?

[
Er... to avoid confusion and useless discussion later...
Faith & belief; I don't know exactly what the difference is between those two
English words. Isn't faith a bit towards trust? And hasn't belief to do with
confidence, being convinced it is so?
Well, here's me with English being my second language...
]

Nothing personal. Believe what you feel.

Take care,
Jerry