BOC: SLC concert review [via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

M R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Tue Jun 11 07:31:25 EDT 1996

  (On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, M R Godwin wrote:  A new song by Buck which was a
  bit boring except for the guitar solo in a different time, Reaper-style)

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Hardman DK wrote:

> For shame, for shame!!  IMHO Buck's new one, Harvest Moon, is destined to
> be something of a classic. In Goldmine Sandy Pearlman says that Buck has
> written "maybe seven songs of genius, including Harvest Moon". But I
> would admit that it probably has to be heard a couple of times or so to
> be fully appreciated (I have a tape of the studio version :-)

MG replies: Fair enough, I only heard it once. Maybe one day it will be
released and I will get used to it. The way I remember it, the guitar solo
was startling, flamboyant, all the things you get from Buck when he's on
form. But unlike 'See you in black', it didn't IMMEDIATELY strike me as
having a memorable tune or riff.