NIKWIND JAPAN

Bill Stewart Stewartbas at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 4 20:03:36 EDT 1996

Finally got the scoop on Nikwind in Japan. Got it straight from the horses
mouth or more accurately, from the bass player in NikWind, Pressurehed, The
Brain, etc etc. Paul Fox.

>Japan was a blast.  We played in Osaka (Club Quattro) on 3/16/95 and at
Tokyo On >Air West in Tokyo.
>Joining us for both engagements was Angel'in Heavy Syrup,  an all female
Japanese >psychedelic rock band.
>The Nik Turner Band line-up was exactly the same as on the US '95 tour.  Our
light >man (Rob Jacobs-Midnight Sun) even came along with us.
>I think the shows were recorded by somebody, but I haven't heard anything.
 Possibly >video also.  Nik was supposed to have gone to record with members
of the Japanese >group,  the Boredoms after the rest of us flew home.  He
spent an extra week there >after we left,  doing interviews and the like.
 Your Japanese friends may want to check >"Music Magazine,"  "Marquee,"  and
"Crossbeat" in Japan for interviews with Nik and >Simon.

>The Brain album (Access and Amplify) is set for release on June 6th on
Hypnotic >records.

>Pressurehed's been working on a new album,  but no release date for that yet
(taking >our time).

>Shortly after returning from Japan,  The Brain was invited to do an
engagement with >Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth of Gong (who'd just finished
their US Gong reunion tour).  >Daevid and Gilli did a bit of spoken word and
The Brain played before and after them.  >This all took place at a place
called Gemini Manor in Hollywood,  an interesting old >house with secret
rooms and Victorian-era furniture and a garden/patio area where we
>performed.

Hope this answers some questions!
regards,
Bill Stewart