OFF: Nektar & Calvert

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Tue Jun 4 22:20:19 EDT 1996

>This would be 'Down to Earth'....
>Anyway, Bob's role is *exactly* that...the ringmaster.

So /that's/ it.

>There's one song on the second side I really like,
>but for the life of me, I can't think of the title right now.

Fidgety Queen, Oh Willy, Little Boy, or Show Me The Way?

>As far as track 4 goes, I'm not sure what that means....He 'announces' (for
>lack of better word) the first two at least - not sure if his voice appears
>anywhere else.

Track four is That's Life. There's some talking at the end of the song. I
have the lyrics somewhere and I will have a look.

>Nektar was one of those rare instances when they
>did their best work on their very first album (IMHO)....
>Journey to the Centre of the Eye.

Didn't I say so?

>I should note that the mix/sound on my CD of this album (I never did find
>vinyl, so I can't tell you whether the CD transfer is at fault) is abysmal.

The vinyl isn't much better. All these experimental techniques for producing
records...

>Another band that seriously needs the
>recent remaster midas touch that Hawkwind and other old groups have
>received.

I agree!

CU,
Jerry