HW: Langtree Festy

Big Mike Wright (he's been to Spain) M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Mon Jul 29 06:55:07 EDT 1996

It was a jolly fine day, and I drank some beer and chatted to people, saw
Alan smoke a Johnny J with a cigarette holder (how effete), saw Ron with
pushchair and young offspring and saw Richard be very short indeed. The
atmosphere was very friendly and the stage bigger than I expected. AS for
the set list, well I'll leave that to people who hadn't been drinking
beer as it is far more likely they will get it right.

Some things that I do seem to recall; The Awakening was quite early on,
possibly following Abducted. Psi power was there, in fact when comparing
it with the set list from

BURG HERZBERG, 21.07.1996, 110/9
abducted / psi power / awakening/ photo encounter / blue skin / steppenwolf
/ hassan i sahba / space is their / hassan i sahba / sputnik stan /
xenomorph / vega / love in space / kapal / aerospaceage inferno / elfin /
silver machine  / welcome / secret agent

I think it is very similar.

The crowd was lively, especially during hassan (surprise surprise) when
they ambled into the cordoned off bit infront of the stage and danced
with the security people there. Any views requiring more careful analysis
of things will have to be supplied by others. I had a good time. Kris was
there, as was the belly dancer. Ron's young offspring spent a lot of time
on stage, it was fun to see a 4 foot alien ambling around.

Also playing were Captain Rizz, who seem to get better everytime I see them

Cheers

Mikey w