Roswell Festival Update

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Tue Jul 16 22:21:18 EDT 1996

>If neither StarRats nor Shmiffdude make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR in their most
>emphatic voices, i.e. "Don't you realize that the people who are
>interested in a Roswell festival DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SHERYL CROW???",
>then I'll *definitely* have a bone to pick concerning HW management.

Just thought I'd reply to this one. I am as suprised as anyone that the
promoter is looking for people like Sheryl Crow, and the mere fact that they
are indicates to me that they don't really know the background of the
festival. As I said before, they realise that it is a good way of drawing
media attention to anyone playing here.

At the moment, we are just glad that the promoter acutally gave me the time
of day and was open minded enough to accept a promotion pack. Please bear in
mind that he didn't know who Hawkwind was, and gave me a total of 30 seconds
to explain my business with his company!!

There is only a certain amount we can do our end and as the old saying goes,
you can lead a student to water but you can't make him wash:)

Star-rats

PS: The release date of Solstice has been put back until next Monday.