Deb on Imaginos???

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jan 19 13:30:45 EST 1996

Re: Imaginos:
> Nothin' but the truth there, man.  It's pretty sad that such a record
> wasn't a huge hit.  Although it did quite well out of the gate, it
> ultimately tanked.  Too tough for the AOR radio types who expected
> more 'Burnin' for you?'

        No way--this was at the same time that loud guitar music was
drifting into the charts again: Guns & Roses, Metallica were just starting
to get heard in the US.  Say rather "no support from the the label" for
a band that had been dossing around for years and suddenly had a record
of "unknown origin".
        I've always maintained that _Imaginos_ would have been huge if
there had been proper support and the band wasn't in space.  I
woulda picked "I am the One" as the first single, though.  What a monster
riff ...

Cheers,
Carl