A view on the state of BOC/ In regards to Bolle

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jan 12 10:11:25 EST 1996

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, BREVARD Adrian R. wrote:

> Certainly new material would help, but the band does have a way of making
> new fans with their live performances.    In regards to Bolle's comments it
> seems that the band puts too much of their control in the hands of
> management, i.e., acting big though they are anything but, from a commercial
> standpoint.  If they are making good money doing what they are doing and are
> happy to be making this money then maybe they lack the motivation to put out
> the new material.  If what Bolle is saying can be interpreted as "thats why
> we have managers" then the band is akin to dumb jocks, allowing others to
> set their future and guard their well being.  A serious lack of vision or
> motivation is whats bugging BOC nowadays.  Perhaps they are too comfortable
> to take a chance on doing something extreme and going for the throat, read
> find us a label Steve we want this album on the market in six months.

        I wasn't here and receiving when Bolle's comments were posted:
could someone resend them to me off-list?
        Also, related to what I said last time, how is `Harvest Moon'
available? I bet it won't be on tape: he groans as he contemplates the
expense of the step up to CD...
                                JAZZA
        |        Jon Jarrett        ()  "What that boy needs is  |
        |      Pembroke College     ()   a damn good haircut     |
        |      Cambridge CB2 1RF    ()   and a spell in the      |
        |   jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk  ()          Army"            |