Hawkwind - Saucerful of Pink

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Tue Jan 9 11:19:04 EST 1996

Before I got more into BOC and Hawkwind I used to be heavily into Pink Floyd
(sill like them, just don't listen as often anymore).  I recently picked up
a floyd tribute album called "A Saucerful of Pink", several of the covers
are by ex-Hawkwinders, including Nik Turner, Pressurehed, and Spiral Realms
(Simon House, right?), and some other bands I've seen mentioned here.
Anyways, overall it's somewhat uneven, but some of the tracks are
outstanding.  Nik's (careful with that Axe, eugene) is good, but the
Pressurehed and 'Realms covers (Let there be more light and Interstellar
Overdrive) are outstanding.   Other bands on it that do well are Helios
Creed, Alien Sex Fiend, Furnace, Melting Euphoria, EXP, Eden, Sky Cries
Mary, Controlled Bleeding, Psychic TV, Spahn Ranch, and FarFlung.  There are
a few others that I didn't care that much for; and a completely bizarre
piece by Ron Geesin.  But worth the price, IMHO, anyways, around $20 for
2-cd set, from Cleopatra.