HW: help identifying tape Sheffield 83

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Mon Jan 8 10:02:18 EST 1996

       While going thru my tape collection recently, I was comparing the
       setlist for one show with Bernhard's HW Tracklist (invaluable!!)
       and discovered that it was labeled incorrectly.  I need some help
       identifying exactly which show this tape actually contains.

       My tape is _labelled_  Sheffield City Hall, Oct.25, 1982, but the
       setlist does not match any shows from the October 1982 tour.
       However, it exactly matches the shows from the February 1983 tour
       (again based on Bernhard's list).  In fact, HW did play Sheffield
       again on Feb.12, 1983, which makes this particular show a good
       candidate for the actual date of my tape.

       The spoken words from the stage that might be used to identify the
       tape are few.  Principally, before the show begins cranking up, you
       can hear Nik clearly say that he is "waiting for the rest of the
       band preening in the gentlemen's toilet".

       My tape is actually 2 C60 minute tapes, total run time ~100 mins.

       If any HW Kollektors out there already have the Sheffield 2/12/83
       show, would you please let me know if Nik speaks these same words
       during the first 2 mins of the tape?  If any other tapes from this
       short tour (February 1983) begin with this quote, that will be
       useful information also.  Thanks for any help on this...

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com