Imaginos :Black & Silver

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Tue Feb 20 09:05:48 EST 1996

> 2.  Participation - This album should have been recorded primarily by
> the entire original line-up.  Other people maybe could have had major
> contributions, but the original 5 members of BOC should have done the
> lion's share of the recording.

        To nitpick, I think this is true, *only if the original BOC
        members were in it for the story*.  That is, I have no need to
        know that it's the original BOC if they're in there just for the
        name's sake or to be hired guns.  In fact, some songs - Seige
        and Invest' - would be about 1/2 as good performed by original
        BOC members (who woulda' sung that?  Eric?  I think not...).

        However, I think the Buck-Al vocal tradeoff would be sorely
        missed in "Blue Oyster Cult," so what do I know?

> As I believe Chip Hart told me recently, it would have been BOC's
> equivalent of The Who's "Tommy" or Pink Floyd's "The Wall".  (hope I'm
> not misquoting)

        Nope, right on.  _The Wall_ is clearly the "high" point of rock
        opera, or theme albums (being fantastically brilliant,
        narcissistic, and overblown at the same time - great r'n'r!).
        The _Imaginos_ saga is equally as interesting and rich with
        imagery.

        Of course, I may think all this because Gilmour and Dharma are
        right there at the top for me.

Chip Hart                          *            chip at pcc.com
People's Computer Company          *            http://www.pcc.com/~chip
15 Pinecrest Drive                 *            Work:800-722-7708
Essex Junction, VT  05452          *            Fax: 802-872-8214