Bad Astronomy on ...Imaginos?

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Thu Feb 15 21:17:31 EST 1996

At 05:33 PM 2/15/96 -0800, you wrote:

>> >Well, as this seems to be turning into a vote, let me just give a big
>> >thumbs up for the Imaginos version of Astronomy.
>>
>> And me.  Thumbs up.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rich.
>>
>> ** The trouble is these days you never see a dog on the pitch **
>>
>And myself, also!

The Imaginos version of "Astronomy" left me cold at first.. Till I heard the
Imaginos version of "The Subhuman" (or "Blue Oyster Cult"). Then I saw how
the new, smoother "Astronomy" sort of fits in with the other remake on the
album. I now like both equally well.

As far as the song, "Blue Oyster Cult", I think its better than the original
in many ways. It is by far my favorite tune on the CD. The fade out at the
end, after the "Blue Oyster Cult (We understand, we understand)" chorus is
so haunting that it gives me a chill to hear it. I also like the spoken part
of the song.. Spooky stuff...

I always turn it off after that song to avoid being brought down by the song
"Imaginos" which I find to be the only sour note on the album.

Btw, anyone know who sang the original "The Subhuman" on ST? I always
thought it was Joe (I seem to remember that from live shows when Joe was
still around..) but I can't be sure.. Al?
     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "So Ladies, Fish
  | | <   *http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/1154|  and Gentlemen,here's
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  my angled dream..."