BOC: Reaper cover\misc.

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Feb 13 09:23:34 EST 1996

> On 12-FEB-1996 08:44:12.3 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
>    >> Well, I was at a huge record/CD convention today and saw a
>    >> record by a female artsist who's first and last name I
>    >> completely forgot; I'm very sorry about this. The record is a
>    >> cover of "DFTR" (credited to "Blue Oyster Cult" on the vinyl,
>    >> instead of "D. Roeser"). I asked the vendor what sort of music
>    >> we were talkin' here and he said techno. Great, we got that and
>    >> Apollo 440 - maybe when we do the BOC tribute compilation, we
>    >> can have a tape full of just techno Reapers? Anyway, he said it
>    >> was rare. No, I didn't buy it,! Someone has it, or knows what
>    >> I'm talking about, right?? If not, I deserve some serious abuse
>    >> for not even getting the name down. Maybe it'll be there next
>    >> Sept.
Methinks that this could be the release by Lydia Lunch (famed in the punk-
rock era for wearing a bra that seemed to be studded with three-inch roofing
nails!) I saw this on a CD here in Atlanta about a year ago; I passed on it.
Don't know if it is still available or not...

(Yes, somewhere in my vinyl collection, the aforementioned LL LP lurks,
pristine in its virgin, unplayed status. Probably one of the last punk LP's
I bought before getting back into prog-electronic in a big way...)

>    >>
>    >> OBother things I bought:
>    >>
>    >> TWO copies of OYFOOYK, both in great condition for 50 cents
>    >> each! I almost cried! (Anyone need one?)
>    >> A copy of UFO's Strangers In The Night for the same price

At least it was UFO's "SitN". Anyone ever heard Peter Baumann's (ex-TD)
LP of the same name. Makes me want to shout at my shoes!

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342      (404) 845-3404