Noise/Hype

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 2 06:20:48 EST 1996

>I used to believe that too, that they were obscure.. but unfortunately
>this sort of constant reference to HW indicates that it's not obscurity
>but that they are merely viewed by the public with distaste.

Yeah, but the press (music and general) has *always* taken the piss out of
Hawkwind - e.g. in Pete Frame's _Rock Family Trees_ [1979] he quotes:

'"If marijuana doesn't cause extensive brain damage, how come so many people
listen to Hakwwind?" - a characteristic jibe from the music press, who tended
to regard Hawkwind as a novelty item.'

Anyway, they're definitely not loud enough these days :)

- Andy