HW: The REAL Hawks

RJ SPRAWL at STARLINX.COM
Tue Dec 24 08:15:25 EST 1996

> Didn't Simon House once try and assert rights to the name "Hawkwind"?
And
> didn't Baker try and steal the brand and tour as "Ginger Baker's
Hawkwind" (or
> was that just a nasty rumour)?  And recall how BOC's lawyers jumped on
Joe
> when his promoters billed him as "Joe Bouchard's Blue Oyster Cult" (or
> something like that)?

simon house having a claim to the name is a joke.
ginger baker wanted to take brock,himself,jack bruce,and i think one other
member of hw,and form a "supergroup" that's why they gave him the boot.

> Course, this can lead to ludicrous situations like "Anderson Bruford
Wakeman
> Howe", which sounds more like an advertising agency than a band.

i believe with all my heart that the whole abw&h/yes thing was a carefully
planned marketing strategy.
the big fight,then the joint tour.i saw em all.twice.and of course abw&h
left out the best part of their setup,
tony levin.

> Whatever!

echoed and endorsed.