BOC: Covers & Opening Bands

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Dec 17 16:11:05 EST 1996

>> From:          "BREVARD Adrian R." <ABrevard at SHL.COM>
> Hmmm BOC going to do more geezer festivals this year huh.
>
> > Hell, I don't care if it's the Bay City Rollers, long as I get to see
> > BOC this year!
> > theo
> >
> Hey I think I'd pay money to see this, but only if BCR was the opening
> act.  Call it the "Wrong Way and the Right Way to Rock Tour"  Hey save
> those rocks I was only kidding.

Yeah, and then force BCR to sit in the wings and go to school!

> >I was recently on Foghat's home page and here's what is planned for 1997.
> >Four bands on the bill; B.O.C., Foghat, Steppenwolf, and Pat travers!!!
>
> Not a bad lineup for a festival.

Not at all, though it really looks like a step down from last year's
festival shows with, I think, Styx and Kansas?  No commentary here on
the quality of music, just the relative market power of the bands,
and BOC's perceived relation to various artists.

> >I don't know who will headline or if that slot will rotate from show to
> >show.  BOC will have the new disc out in March, and Foghat will be relea-
> >sing Foghat Live II in the Spring as well.  The tour is scheduled to begin
> >in March or April.

Pat Travers has released albums the last couple years, but on a small
label.  So I guess he ought to get a shot too?

> Hopefully each will receive equal treatment on the lenght of the set.
> What's the point of playing five songs with no encore which if I'm not

Yeah, as long as it's fair, I wouldn't mind.  I saw a concert of
Rebel Rock Dinos a couple years back, and they all got a pretty good
shot at stage time, though Marshall Tucker headlined over .38
Special, which made no sense at least in terms of past sales...

> mistaken happened to them last summer.  A live Album from Foghat?  That
> should be interesting.  The first one was quite good.

Manuel, is it the original Foghat lineup?  I'd like to hear that
one...

> I wonder if Kiss gave any thought to BOC opening for them on their
> nostalgia tour.  Supposedly the other men in black considered newer
> bands like Stone Temple Pilots and King's X (Paul Stanley is a major

S.T.P.  wanted like hell to do the shows, but Scott's drying out got
in the way...

> fan, though no KX fan could imagine this combo).  That would have been
> fairly cool.  Ace F. probably nixed this idea, if it ever came up.
> Can't have Buck outplaying him yet agian. 8^).  If the oysters ever made
> it mega big again what current band would fit as an opener?
>
> lil ab

Hard to say, 'cause we'd have to look down the line a couple years.
Even in EW sells like wild [dreaming for that!] it would take a year
or so [and probably another big record or single] to catapult them
back to the top...
theo

ps

Torgo, any news on the Utica gig?