NIK and...

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Dec 7 07:39:15 EST 1996

In message <882563F8@?.00>, Chris Baxley <Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM>
writes

>  Ah, another Seeds fan.  At last year's Nikwind show here in Eugene,
>  during a wild jam at the end
>  of Brainstorm, a scuzzy freak hopped up on stage and started singing a
>  bunch of inspired gibberish.
>  He looked familiar, and then I realized it was Sky Saxon. I knew it was
>  him because he had just played
>  a few months earlier with his recent band, which featured the old
>  guitarist from Blue Cheer (that was a
>  rippin' show as well.)   The combination of Sky's screaming and Nik's sax
>  craziness made for quite
>  a racket, which sounded just fine to me.

Fuckin' WOW!! Sky & Nik together? You lucky dog! God, I wish I'd seen
that! Isn't he Sky Sunlight these days tho'?

On a similar but infinatly crapper note, I picked up Sting and The
Radioactors - Nuclear Waste EP. Yesterday. This is Sting, NIK, Steve
Hillage, Mike Howlett and Harry Williamson. It was only a fiver, worth
it just for the version of ICU's Nuclear Waste sung by Sting.(sux really
but you have to hear it once!)  I've known about this record for years
but never seen a copy. One for the HardKore Kollectors.

>  What's a good pickup for acoustic guitar?  (I need one too...)
um, I'll get back to you on that. Wouldn't want to give bum advice..

>  "You're pushin' too hard, pushin' too hard on me."
   "Mr Farmer, let me water your crops..."

--
Jon Browne