BOC: Vocals (EB, BD, AB), Imaginos, et al

dench M.G.Dench at BTON.AC.UK
Fri Dec 6 04:08:05 EST 1996

I think the problem is that as soon as a band start using symbols and
writing 'mystical' and enigmatic lyrics, then the media latch on to them
as Nazis.  I can remember reading a review of BOC in the late 80s when
they used to play gigs as SWU and the reviewer clearly had not idea who
they really were.  He made quite a point of slating their 'Neo-Nazi
stance'.  However, the only evidence he had for this was the BOC symbol.
No doubt there are those who are unable to discern that titles such as
'Dominance and Submission', 'The Subhuman', 'Career of Evil', 'Tyranny and
Mutation', etc., might be more than just statements of intent.  I suppose
for a world reared on Phil Collins and Sting this sort of thinking could
be quite difficult!

Martin