HW: Bad Rumor

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Aug 28 04:47:43 EDT 1996

In reference to the rumour about Alan leaving, I'm been given more info
which unfortunately I've promised not to impart until things have
settled down, but I'm afraid there is more to Alan's non-appearence in
France than "just couldn't make it". The reason I've been told this and
the reason I'm passing it on, is because at this stage there is still
time for Alan to change his mind. i.e. we need to let him know that WE
want him to stay. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm rumour-mongering but I've
not given any duff info in the past, trust me on this one. I'd really
like to let Alan know that I for one think he's a totally crucial part
of the band now and it would just gut the sound if he left.

If you have any contact with the band or any friends-of-friends, just
let them know how you feel about Alan leaving and hopefully this will
remain a bad rumour.

PS Something else I've been asked not to mention, which I can now is
Silver Machine is to have a 25th Anniversary Re-issue, most probably
with the Utah Saints version (among others) as the b-Side.
--
Jon Browne