sabbath/moorcock?

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Thu Aug 22 15:31:04 EDT 1996

Martyn White writes:

> >I've always thought that Tony Martin had the best voice of any of
> >the Sab singers.  Not that I think this is their best material.  Even
> >though Ozzy's not really much of a singer, he suited the mood of
>         What?  You can't be serious.  I think Ozzy has one
> of the all-time greatest voices in rocknroll

And I think you're both nuts!  :-) Dio was the best they ever had,
even if he was an asshole (he and Iommi clearly deserve each other).
Tony Martin's voice is no better than "acceptable".  It has a lot of
the same tonalities as Dio's, but he doesn't have as much control,
nor the expressive emotional range that Dio does.

Ozzy is a great bandleader, but that's more in spite of his voice
than because of it.  ;-)

Steve
swann at panix.com