HW: Kollecting Questions

David Jones david at MASTMOOR.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Aug 4 08:53:31 EDT 1996

I was looking round the market on Friday and one of the record stalls had a
big box full of Hawkwind records on it (about 50 or 60) that he had bought
as a job lot of someone. Mainly 1980's onwards though he did have Doremi
with the poster.

Typically we were in a hurry so I just got a quick look through them and
all I bought was an autographed copy of Hawklords for UKP10. (please dont
tell me this is too much money)

Anyway a couple of questions

Anyone know what the signatures should look like ?
its signed by Brock, Calvert, Bainbridge, Swindells and (I think) Griffin
which makes it the right people for the Hawklords tour
Brocks signature is an easy to read Dave followed by a big
squiggle.

He had another couple of autographed albums and Brocks signature looked the
same on them all.

Also there were two sleeves Ive not seen before one was I think a foreign
version of Roadhawks (?) blue cover with a little picture of the original
sleeve surrounded by an American road scene. (sorry for the description)

Other one that caught my eye was one he wanted UKP30 for a double album
Spanish I think, red sleeve  maybe a flicknife compilation again crap
description but whats this ?

THis led me to think that we should really do a brief discography with
price guide - or have record collector already done one.

IF anyone wasnts anything desparately I will hopefully be in town again
this Friday so if you let me know I will have alook for you.  And before
you all ask he didnt have any italian 7" singles.

Bye