BOC: lyrics for D&S and I Am the One?

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Tue Apr 30 20:20:22 EDT 1996

At 12:43 PM 4/30/96 +0100, you wrote:
>        Have the lyrics files met their demise yet?  I'm in need to the
>lyrics to "Dominance & Submission" and "I Am the One You Warned Me Of",
>as I'm hoping to convince my band here in Cambridge to cover one or the
>other.

I can't help you with the latter but here's D&S as best as I can recall from
memory (from the green sheet lyrics that I got by sending in my SASE back in
the 70's). So without further ado..

Its been 10 years
Half my life
Just getting ready
Then it was time
Warpage in the figures
Radios appear
Midnight was the barrier
Back in 1963

[chorus]
Each night the girls were in orbit       (yes, thats what my lyric sheet
said, I remember it clearly)
Each night its Suzie's turn to ride
While Charles, the one they call her brother
Covers on his eyes
Murmers in the background... It will be time.

Suzie and her brother
Charles the grinning boy
Put me in the back seat
and they took me for a ride
The radio was on
Can't you dig the locomotion?
Kingdoms of the radio
45 RPM (too much revolution then)

[chorus]

Its past midnight said Charles the grinning boy
and looking at me greedily..
Said its 1964...

In Times Square now, people do the polka
Dominance - Submission
New Years Eve, it was the final barrier
Dominance - Submission
We took you up & put you in the back seat
Dominance - Submission
>From year to year, we look out for adventure..
Dominance - Submission [infinite repeats]

---

Hope that helps.. Lyrics printed without permission (sue me...., no,
don't!). Should be about 99% correct.

     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "So Ladies, Fish
  | | <   *http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/1154|  and Gentlemen,here's
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  my angled dream..."