HW: NiXtar - Nikwind

Lurking Girl tori at PANIX.COM
Fri Apr 12 13:12:04 EDT 1996

Steve wrote:

> You know, I was thinking about *why* it is that Brockwind still sounds
> like Hawkwind to me, even when their current incarnation doesn't
> really play in a style that I like all that much.  (Mostly ambient,
> not often enough instersperced with tight, hard-driven rockers).  And
> I think it boils doen to this: Dave's guitar.  Seriously.

I gently point out that, when we went to see HW this past summer, Dave
did not TOUCH his guitar.  (Maybe for one song?)  And this is why I
think Nikwind sounded much more HWesque.  QED.

I've never quite reconciled why it is that my favorite (fine, tied for
first with Live Chronicles; put the 2x4 down, Steve!) HW album is HotMG,
but I really don't care for this new ambient schtuff.  Yes, of course
there's much more rock going on, but it's much closer in sound to the new
stuff than it is to, say, Live Chronicles.

Must be 'cause of Simon House :)

   Victoria C. Fike * tori at panix.com * http://www.panix.com/~tori
  Lurking Girl of the LNH * Imperatrix Ludorum * vf at panix.com, too
 "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
ObCivilDisobedience:  Fuck the CDA and the shitheads that passed it!