HW: remasters - WOW!

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Tue Apr 2 06:01:17 EST 1996

Dave wrote:

> Altogether, this is a very good package.  I'm usually wary of buying
> old albums afresh, because often I find that my fond memories don't
> translate into actually playing them much.  (E.g. I play 90's Hawkwind
> much more than the old stuff).  But I think I will play this one.

I agree about this. The remasters aren't *new* just better. But
they're so much better (esp than my knackered vinyl) that I think
they will become regulars in the CD machine.

Someone (Carl?) asked who'd buy these remasters apart from die-hard
fans. Well presumably they're not limited edtions so they will become
the regular version that any passing punter will get. Maybe the packaging
will be simplified but I would expect EMI to have spent the money
because the remasters will go on selling, steadily if not spectacularly,
for many years.

Chris