HW: Retread Tracks?

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Tue Sep 12 08:54:00 EDT 1995

I may be mistaken, but what are recycled tracks on "Space Bandits" and
"Xenon Codex"?.  I can't say for certain, but it didn't strike me that any
of "Electric Tepee" was something I've heard before either.  I'm not talking
about stuff that was performed live a little while before it was released.
 I don't consider that a retread.  What was released on an earlier album?  I
thought that HW was doing pretty good for a while in avoiding doing covers
of their old stuff.   I gather from some of what I've seen that the 1st 2
albums I've mentioned are not among the general faves, but I sure like them
 I have to admit a bias towards their material from CotBS on.  I looked at
the poll results and have to admit my likes in both albums and songs diverge
for the liked stuff, but tend to agree on what was not liked.  Next poll
I'll try and skew things a bit more.

I caught the opening date of the US leg of the '90 tour at the Channel in
Boston (RIP).  They did all (I think) of "Space Bandits" and since I had not
bought it yet, it was my 1st listening.   It really got to me, so that may
explain why I have a higher than average opinion of that disc.  It was also
my only live HW show.  I saw mention that they were in the US earlier this
year.  Did they come near Boston and I missed them (despite my attempts at
vigilance)?  This would be cause for major self flagellation at the least.
   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Rudy the ferret mage
      \   \      (Ever watchful for Hawks from beyond)
      /\ * )  \