BOC CDs, was Re: BOC We gotta get out....

CHARLES THE GRINNING BOY grant_c%wglim1.DNET at SB.COM
Thu Sep 7 07:05:50 EDT 1995

Hi all,
A couple of things about BOC CDs that have recently come to
my notice, maybe some has some idea(s)?

Firstly, I took the plunge and bought a copy of the only
official BOC release I didn't have - Live 1976 - and I must
say it's every bit as bad as everything I read about it!!
It is worth getting for the completist type of fan. I'm glad
I've got it as it's got (official) live versions of a coupple
of tracks (Summer of Love & Stairway to the Stars). Still it
only cost 6 pounds.

Secondly, I was in Tower in London yesterday and saw and bought
a copy of BOC (1st album) to replace my vinyl copy. I don't
know what anyone else thinks, but I think the vinyl sounds
better. Maybe the CD master was not done very well. The levels
seem to fluctuate on the vocals and the treble, especially on
Workshop OTT, the main reason I bought it. The guitar solo before
the last verse suddenly seems to surge at the end. Maybe I,m
being too picky or imagining things (oo have a duff pressing).

All too often record companies rip off fans wanting to buy
replacements for thier old LPs by just shoving out a sub-standard
version on the CD.
This is why I'm hoping the tracks on the WOTT compilation have
been re-mastered or at minimum the original master tapes have been
used.

Sorry to ramble, anyone else got any thoughts, what's _your_ copy
of the first album on CD like?

.......Charlie.       grant_c%wglim1.dnet at sb.com