Quote by Patti Smith?

Fri Oct 27 15:31:47 EDT 1995

While searchin' the web for bass-related stuff, I came across a rather
strange (and probably offensive to alot of women) page about women who
play bass (it was titled, "Chicks and the Bass Guitar...").  The top
of the page had the following quote, which was attributed to Patti
Smith.  I post it here 'cuz while I don't claim to know much about Patti
Smith (other than the fact that she used to be involved with Allen
Lanier, and co-penned a few BOC and Brain Surgeons tunes), I guess I
wouldn't have expected her to say this.  Comments, anyone?

"Rock and Roll is for men. Real Rock and Roll is a man's job. I
want to see a man up there. I want to see a man's muscles, a man's
 veins. I don't want to see no chick's tit banging against a bass." --
                            Patti Smith.

John