BOC @ JAXX/NIGHT OF THE HUGE GUITARIST

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Tue Oct 24 11:18:00 EDT 1995

RR writes:

>Did AB say 200-300 people?

>Why does BOC bother?  Is it really worth it to them?  Mabye one
>of you guys has some insight there.

>Well, that seems small even for a current BOC crowd.  When I saw them
>in New Hampshire this year they had easily 2 to 3 times that number.

>John

I respsponded to RR a bit earlier, but for the record Jaxx is a rather small
club.  You won't get many more people than that inside.  There were lots of
out of state plates in the parking lot so some people did some traveling to
get there too.  Also bear in mind the Washington DC metro area has never
been really big on rock & roll.  In the latest ratings for radio stations
the highest ranked rock station was the alternative station at 11th,  DC101
at 12 and the classic station at 15th.  The top ten included everything from
R&B, C&W and all news formats.  Should tell you a wee bit about the music
scene here.

AB