Multiple Topics & Stuff

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Thu Nov 30 08:26:58 EST 1995

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Robert Kohl wrote:

> The doctor waxes poetic:
>
> 1. As much as I respect John (and John, I really do), I have to vote for
> multiple topics.  For someone like me in digest mode, it is easier for me to
> send one message with all my thoughts in it, since I've read all of the
> previous days' messages.  So, on to the next subject.

I'm with John on this one. If the topic changes or if it goes off-topic,
then it's no big deal to change the header of the e-mail. If you're
replying to a digest and including various things, then why not just flag
this by adding "(various)" to your header.

As someone who gets an inordinately large amount of mail it can be
annoying to open something you think you want to read, only to find it's not.

Dave