R&R Hall of Fame

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 8 11:05:19 EST 1995

> Subject:      Re: R&R Hall of Fame
> To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
>
> >Just checked out a web site for the R&R Hall of Fame.  In case anyone's
> >interested, its at http://www.rockhall.com
>
>         I don't know if I'm the only one but the concept of a R&R
> hall of fame makes me gag almost as much as music awards shows.
>
> Martyn

Martyn,
Straight up to that!  Or any awards citing artistic achievement, c.f.
Oscars etc.  Who was a better composer, Mozart or Chopin, was Monet a
better painter that Van Gogh...Who gives a shit?  It's not about
who's the best.  They're all good.  If not then we don't listen.
Also, and especially repugnant, is the idea that Rock music can now
be legitimized.  The best thing about rock music is that it started
on the fringes, became (at least a little bit) revolutionary, and
wass the eternal outlet for the young and young feeling, people who
don't need establishment approval.  Better to have the mainstream
asshole hate us rockers.  Suits me just fine!
ted