R&R Hall of Fame

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Wed Nov 8 12:47:00 EST 1995

>Just checked out a web site for the R&R Hall of Fame.  In case anyone's
>interested, its at http://www.rockhall.com

>        I don't know if I'm the only one but the concept of a R&R
>hall of fame makes me gag almost as much as music awards shows.

>Martyn

I tend to agree with Martyn, if you look at every hall of fame/ awards
recognition ceremonies it seems that the choices are either made by members
of the industry or those who profess to be experts on the industry.  Where
does the average person fit into this?  How can BOC not have a single song
in the top 500 of all time, what was the criteria, record sales?  Its
ludicrous.  Saw a Heavy Metal Music mag that listed the top 100 heavy metal
songs of all time and BOC was represented once ("zilla) and it was in the
middle of the pack, while other artist were represented on more than one
occassion.  It would be nice to go through the place and See Chuck Berry's
guitar, John Lennons Sgt Pepper suit or what not, put I think the name of
this place and the others (football, baseball, etc.) should simply be titled
museums.

A($0.1 too broke for another)B