HW: Robert Calvert

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Tue Nov 7 07:56:00 EST 1995

>. Also, I see credits for a person by the name of
> Twink, and I have seen this Twink reffered to in conversation on the
> group.  Who is Twink?

Twink Alder is an ancient drummer who's been in about a million bands,
including the Pretty Things and the Pink Fairies.  Isn't he also Turner's
partner in crime on the recent "Pinkwind" affair?

>  Anyway, when I listened to this cd, I was
> ROTFLMAO, listening to the parts that re-enact the Germans negotiating
> and buying the planes, also the part where the two mechanics are
> discussing the loose engine was quite funny also.

"Bloody radar crew..." :)  Featuring the late great Viv Stanshall, as
well (but I'm not sure which parts are him).

BTW, the "missing" track, "The Widow's Song", which was on the lyrics
sheet but not on the LP, turned up eventually on _Friends and Relations
3_ (in a new recording?).  I don't suppose it's on the CD?

- Andy