OFF: Loreena McKennitt

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Fri Dec 15 09:31:11 EST 1995

DAVID FURST writes:

> Just a quick fishing expedition - this Loreena McKennet (i think) artist - Any
> good?  Had one in my hand but then put it back down having never heard a thing.

Depends what you mean by good.  She's a Celtic/folk artist, and is
also much beloved by new age and ambient music types.  If you like
Enya, you'll probably like L.M.  (Her music is somewhat quiet and
moody, as opposed to more rousing Celtic/folk music, say for example
The Pogues.)  ;-)

Personally, except for her album _The Visit_ (which has the
extraordinary song All Soul's Night), I find her rather a tad too
subdued.

Steve