BOC London/Offtop: Satriani

Jason O'Broin jobroin at MADGE.CO.UK
Tue Dec 12 11:38:32 EST 1995

> See you tomorrow guys! As I've not met you I'll be looking out for the
> t-shirts and goatees. I'm a dark-haired 33yr old, and will be wearing a
> leather jacket and either a Nethawks shirt or (depending on weather) a
> sweatshirt with the words "Big Bear" on it.

No goatees here. That's just Tim doing his bid to look silly.

I'll probably be wearing a Deep Purple shirt, or possible my
Queensryche net.shirt (!)

> Off-topically, I can't resist mentioning that I saw Joe Satriani at
> Wembley on Sunday. What an astounding guitar player!! However, he almost
> had the show stolen from him by his bass player who, I think, is called
> Stuart Ham. This guy is incredible; he plays a solo spot in which he does
> loads of tapping technique, taking in a fantastic version of the Star
> Spangled Banner - drawing several elicitations of spontaneous
> applause/cheering from this British audience - and also a mad piece of
> country banjo-style playing.

Yes I was there also. Excellent stuff, although Joe appeared to be a
dwarf from where I was sitting. Even so, the right hand doing a bar chord
and left hand tapping trick still looked good from the back.

Stuart Hamm was pretty impressive. I've never seen him before and I was
rather impressed. That makes up for the awful support band. Gosh they were
bad. Bring back Adrian Legg, that's what I say.

Jason
--
       Jason O'Broin - Development Engineer, ATM Adapter Group
Madge Networks, Sefton Park, Bells Hill, Stoke Poges, Slough SL2 4JS. UK
 Phone +44 1494 541258 Email: jobroin at madge.com or jobroin at madge.co.uk
       - Can I have everything louder than everything else ? -