BOC London/Offtop: Satriani

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Tue Dec 12 11:02:21 EST 1995

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Jason O'Broin wrote:

> > Right, see all you UK-ers in the pub next door to the Forum 6.30pm ish
> > tomorrow. With the kind weather we have right now, I doubt I'll be wearing
> > a Nethawks t-shirt visibly, but I know Jason so maybe we'll just accrete people
> > as time goes by. If that fails, just look for an ugly late 20's bloke with
> > short dark brown hair, large nose and goatee :-)  Mine's a pint of Caffreys
> > thanks...

See you tomorrow guys! As I've not met you I'll be looking out for the
t-shirts and goatees. I'm a dark-haired 33yr old, and will be wearing a
leather jacket and either a Nethawks shirt or (depending on weather) a
sweatshirt with the words "Big Bear" on it.

All is quiet from Andy Gilham lately; is he still on the list?

Off-topically, I can't resist mentioning that I saw Joe Satriani at
Wembley on Sunday. What an astounding guitar player!! However, he almost
had the show stolen from him by his bass player who, I think, is called
Stuart Ham. This guy is incredible; he plays a solo spot in which he does
loads of tapping technique, taking in a fantastic version of the Star
Spangled Banner - drawing several elicitations of spontaneous
applause/cheering from this British audience - and also a mad piece of
country banjo-style playing.

Good health to you....

Dave Hardman