BOC: Opinions on albums

Jason O'Broin jobroin at MADGE.CO.UK
Wed Aug 30 15:11:28 EDT 1995

> Well today has been kinda of special, John and I admited that we like Club
> Ninja and Jason wants to know if he is the only one who thinks AOF is a
> crappy album.  Well if your looking for sympathertic votes on that my friend
> you won't get them from me.  AOF is a fabulous piece of work.  Would be
> interested in your opinion on the enitre BOC  library though.

Well, I think AoF is a most overrated album. It is the one I play least
(other than Club Ninja which I refused to buy). Sure, ETI and Reaper are
great but I can't say that many of the other songs have ever gelled with me.

Favourite albums are Secret Treaties, Imaginos and Tyranny and Mutation.
I like Revolution a lot as well.

As for the rest: BOC - well, it's an early album and is not as an accomplished
piece of work as T&M or ST. Spectres and Mirrors are okay. They both have
some cracking good songs on them, but I can't say I am overawed by the
general 'sound' direction of those albums. Cultosarous fits into this
catagory as well.

Live albums: OYFOOYK is my favourite followed by ETL. SEE always strikes
me as been a 'quick buck' style album, but there is a cracking version of
Astronomy on it. Of course, it is somewhat close to my heart as some of it
is recorded in Newcastle (Toonarmy!) where I did my MSc.

Hope that gives some insight!

Jason
--
                 Jason O'Broin - Development Engineer
Madge Networks, Sefton Park, Bells Hill, Stoke Poges, Slough SL2 4JS. UK
 Phone +44 1494 541258 Email: jobroin at madge.com or jobroin at madge.co.uk
 - Freedom belongs to those without videoscreens for hands or mouths -